Squeezing more bandwidth into smaller space for HD Video and data-hungry submersible applications
SeaView Systems has developed a suite of three optical video and data transmission cards, each built to the industry standard PC-104 form factor. The stack consists of the following three cards:
- 3 channels standard definition video
- 10/100 Ethernet (2 port onboard switch)
- 2 RS-485 channels
- 4 RS-232 channels
- 2 RS-485/RS-232 configurable channels
- 2 High speed triggers for sonar and USBL timing
- Auto sensing Gbit Ethernet converter able to support 1000mbps, 100mbps and 10mbps Ethernet data rates
- 4 x RJ45 Ethernet port switch
- 1 x SFP Port
- 2 channel video data transmission. Able to support 1080P and lower video formats with zero compression. Dual outputs for each channel.
- Each of the three cards in the stack are interconnected to transmit to surface on one single mode optical fiber. This is achieved by using a course wave division multiplexer (CWDM); a device which allows the multiplexing of multiple optical frequencies onto a single fiber.