SeaView Systems’ 1000m Saab Seaeye Falcon DR remotely operated vehicle is fitted with a fiber optic data transmission system and custom power handling equipment. The Falcon uses four vectored thrusters for horizontal propulsion in addition to a vertical thruster. By using SeaView Systems’ in-house developed lifting umbilical winch and deployment cage system, we have successfully dived to 1000msw (3300ft). In addition to deep vertical dives, we are able to perform deep, long distance pipeline inspections such as hydroelectric penstocks and aqueducts out to 10000ft.
The entire system is set up for air-freight as three packages with a total weight of approximately 2500lb (1200kg).
Standard with 1000ft fiber optic umbilical. Various options available from 1000ft through to 10,000ft + full 1000m working depth lifting umbilical.
One Seaeye 480 line/0.2 Lux color CCD camera (on 180 deg tilt mechanism).
Two Outland Technology UWC-325/SS 600 line, low light (.001 lux) CCD color cameras.
Five-function manipulator single function, three-jaw grabber with soft line rope cutter sample scoop option for grip stick (4” scoop with open/close door); Rotary actuator for non-specific tooling functions.
Imagenex 881a Imaging scanning sonar; Imagenex881a profiling scanning sonar fitted with slaved platform capable of carrying Didson multibeam sonar or other multibeam.
Video overlay display showing such parameters as time/date, penetration distance, pipe/station number, camera name, NDT sample reading, heading, pitch and roll. All three video channels recorded independently to high resolution DVR allowing consecutive playback of recorded video. Audio commentary recorded as required. Sonar/profiler data recorded continuously for later playback both as sonar file and as video.
- Distance measurement (option for pipeline/tunnel penetrations)
- Friction driven wheel line counter on umbilical.
- Accurate to better then 0.3% of penetration distance.
- Penetration distance logged to disk for post processing and displayed on center tilt camera video.
- Fitted with inertial navigation system, Doppler velocity log, Didson multibeam imaging sonar, scanning profiling sonar, scanning imaging sonar, Digiquartz precision depth sensor, 2 ea auxiliary pan, tilt, zoom cameras, 2 ea auxiliary halogen lamps and added buoyancy modules.
Contact SeaView today to see if the Falcon DR is the right ROV for your subsea investigation, remediation, or intervention needs.