SeaView Systems is an underwater technology solution provider. Approximately half of our work is spent in the performing of services using either remotely operated vehicles or other underwater technology. The balance of our time is spent in the development of custom underwater tooling and equipment. The information listed here deals with the development of custom underwater and equipment and the refurbishment of existing equipment.
Examples of our engineering work to-date include:
- Designed and developed Titan, a battery-powered ROV that incorporates a set of booms which positions cameras around the tunnel’s perimeter and uses the flowing water to provide locomotion to perform extremely long inspections.
- Developed a system for navigating in flooded mines using an INS (inertial navigation system).
- Directed the development of a system for recording sonar data to generate a 3D model to better then 3/16″ accuracy. Work was performed at 600ffw in a section of New York City aqueduct system.
- Developed a system for recording sonar data to generate a 3D model of New York City sewerage tower.
- Developed a system to accurately and repeatably locate 5′ x 6′ x 1″ rolled stainless steel plate against 19’ diameter shaft wall in 400ffw on a nightly basis for more then 20 nights/cycles. Developed core drilling system to drill 30 1″ diameter x 15″ deep core holes in hard concrete. Inserted rock bolts into holes and tighten to specific torque. All work had to be performed in potable water where no hydraulic oil was permitted.
SeaView Systems, Inc is a small business which leverages the engineering strength of southeast Michigan. By acting as the hub of a much larger network of specialists we are able to provide solutions that would normally be considered beyond the scope of such a small company. We have successfully accomplished a number of projects in this manner and can offer references from previous, satisfied customers.
With over 25 years of marine electronics experience, 19 of which have been with underwater technology, Matthew Cook, SeaView’s founder and president acts as Technical Director. Other in house specialists include Geoff Cook (journeyman electrician and project manager) and Edward Celkis (electronic design, software design, component level electronic repair).
We outsource other specialist services and have strong working relationships with local small businesses providing the following services:
- Mechanical design
- Machining and fabrication (including CNC machining)
- Electrical enclosure fabrication and fit-out
- Laser cutting
- Water jet cutting
- Polishing and grinding